The 2017 Japan Airlines Championship is the first ever PGA TOUR-sanctioned event to be held in Japan, taking place September 4-10, 2017. The competition will be held at Narita Golf Club, in a suburb of Tokyo. The course was designed by Taizo Kawata.
|Event Name||JAPAN AIRLINES Championship
～The first official PGA TOUR-sanctioned event hosted in Japan～
|Title Sponsor||JAPAN AIRLINES Co., Ltd.|
|Supported By||U.S. Embassy in Japan, The Professional Golfers’ Association of Japan, Narita City, Narita City Board of Education, Narita City Tourism Association, The Narita Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Narita International Airport Corporation|
|Event Schedule||September 4 (Mon) Players visiting Japan
September 5 (Tue) Practice Round
September 6 (Wed) Pro-Am
September 7 (Thu) Pro-Am
September 8 (Fri) First Round scheduled to start at 9:40
September 9 (Sat) Second Round scheduled to start at 9:40
September 10 (Sun) Final Round scheduled to start at 9:40
|Venue||Narita Golf Club (Operated by Accordia Golf)
127 Omuro, Narita, Chiba, 286-0821 TEL：0476-36-0111
|Format||54 holes of stroke play|
|Field||67 (60 + 7 invited players)
*It has been determined that Jerry Kelly, Steve Lowery, Mark O'Meara, and Bob Tway will not be taking part in the tournament.
|Purse||Total: US$ 2,500,000|
▪️ US Golf Channel every 2.5 hours live on Fri, Sat, Sun / Total 17.5 hours, including rebroadcast
▪️ BS-TBS Broadcast Schedule
▪️ Golf Network Broadcast Schedule
|Tickets||Sales Scheduled from July 5.|
|Official Tournament Website||www.japanairlineschampionship.com/|
60 bonus miles to be offered exclusively to event visitors at the JAL miles booth!
Please visit the JAL miles booth located near the venue entrance with your JMB card or JAL card ready.
Our staff will also be walking around the venue holding up a bonus miles sign. Show them your JMB card or JAL card to get extra 60 bonus miles!
- ※ Available to individuals who have brought their own JMB Card or JAL Card.
- ※ Gift miles are available a maximum of once per day.
- ※ Mile totals will be calculated in most cases by the end of October 2017.
- ※ Available to everyone with a valid card or app that includes JMB functionality. Individuals who are in attendance on an applicable date but do not have a card will not be eligible.
- ※ If you are unable to scan your card, you will still be eligible provided that a staff member is able to record your JMB Membership Number.
- ※ Please be aware that the gift miles promotion at the hall may be canceled in the event of circumstances such as inclement weather.
- ※ Gift miles are available once per day at any JAL Miles booth within the hall. For example, if you have collected miles at JAL Miles booths within the hall once a day when visiting the hall on September 8th (Fri.) and the 10th (Sun.), you will be awarded 240 miles in total by the end of October 2017.
About PGA TOUR Champions
PGA TOUR Champions is a membership organization of golfers age 50 and older, with the most recognizable and accomplished players in the game - including 32 members of the World Golf Hall of Fame, which compete regularly in its events. PGA TOUR Champions is where Legends play, and is home to The Ultimate Clubhouse. Conceived in 1980 as the Senior PGA Tour, it started with just four events and purses totaling $475,000. The primary purpose of PGA TOUR Champions is to provide financial opportunities for its players, entertain and inspire its fans, deliver substantial value to its partners, create outlets for volunteers to give back, protect the integrity of the game and generate significant charitable and economic impact in communities in which it plays. In 2016, the newly-introduced Charles Schwab Cup Playoffs will identify and recognize the Tour’s leading player via a season-long race for the Charles Schwab Cup. The Commissioner of the PGA TOUR is Jay Monahan. Greg McLaughlin is President of PGA TOUR Champions. The PGA TOUR’s website is pgatour.com, the No. 1 site in golf, and the organization is headquartered in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla. Follow PGA TOUR Champions at